I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just need a little encouragement.
Leadership is hard. There is a never-ending stream of people depending on you, and you're always having to perform for others. It can be tiring. Sometimes, you need a break, but often times that is not possible. So you press on. What would help, though, is a little bit of encouragement from the right source.
THE BEST SOURCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT
Turning to God's Word is guaranteed to be a rich, vibrant, and relevant source of encouragement.
When the weight of leadership feels burdensome, it's often the enduring words of Scripture that offer solace and companionship. The Bible, with its vast reservoir of wisdom, provides encouragement and strength. Consider Philippians 4:13, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength," or the empowering command in Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." These passages remind us of the omnipresent support and unfailing strength that come from Christ Jesus, our Lord.
As you face the challenges of leadership, let these additional scriptures be a source of comfort and motivation:
• Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
• Psalm 31:24 - "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."
• 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
• Psalm 121:1-2 - "I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
• Romans 15:4 - "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
SHARING THE ENCOURAGEMENT
As leaders, it's not only important to find encouragement for ourselves but also to be a source of encouragement for others. Sharing these scriptures with someone who might be struggling can lift their spirits and show them that they are not alone in their journey.
In conclusion, remember that leadership, while demanding, is also a role of great honor and potential. On days when the pressure seems too much, these scriptures can be your refuge and strength. Turn to them, meditate on them, and let them guide you back to a place of peace and confidence. The encouragement you need is always there, waiting in the sacred texts, ready to offer you wisdom and peace. Keep these verses close to your heart and let them fuel your journey as a Christ-follower and as a leader.
Your aspiring servant, Daniel M.
November 7, 2023
POSTSCRIPT: Dear friends, if this daily, transparent “Conversations with Christ” blesses you, please go to www.SOLIDpastors.org, where you will find these posted, and a repository of all, in English and Spanish. Note: All scriptures quoted are from the NIV.
If you ever want to chat, you can reach me at Daniel@SOLIDpastors.org. May Christ bless you richly as you have your own intimate, daily conversations with Christ.